Saturday, January 7, 2012

November 2011 Recap

November was a fun month. Okinawa Parent's Club (formerly known as MOMS Club of Okinawa) Thanksgiving Luncheon, White Beach Fall Festival, and of course Thanksgiving Day! 

It was tough this year being away from family. Last year, Mom and Gma Donna were here to help us celebrate Thanksgiving. I missed Grandma's cooking this time around!



The White Beach Festival was a lot of fun. The boys got to play on the bounce houses and slides to their hearts' content. We even play a few fair games, where they won a couple prizes. 


This year, Chris went to the ball stag. It was at the same place as last year, so I really didn't feel like going. Plus, last year we had built in babysitters (aka Mom & Gma Donna)


When it came to the big day (Thanksgiving!!), I was a little nervous about cooking the turkey. I'd never cooked one before! I can officially say I cooked that turkey GOOD! Of course, I had to call Gma Karen and Gma Donna for tips first. 


Chris had one of his Marines come over for dinner instead of hanging out in the barracks by himself. It was nice, since I made enough to feed and army. He was happy to go home with a ton of leftovers though! 

What else happened in November? 

Well I got my Christmas toes from Cocok's. I am seriously going to miss the nail art they are capable of here! So neat! I got snowflake landscape. 




A great month, if I do say so myself. And one month closer to us coming home. Less than a year now! 

Happy Thanksgiving from the McClellans!!



No comments:

Post a Comment