Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Practice Cake

As most of you know, Sean's birthday is coming up, which means his birthday party is coming up. Instead of paying a whole bunch of money for an average cake, Im going to ATTEMPT to make him a 3D Lightning McQueen cake from Disney's Cars Movie.

Again, I say attempt. I made a practice cake, which is a mini version of the one Im making for his birthday. This one took me about 2 1/2 hours. This big one is going to need double the fondant which means double the time. :) Now this time doesn't include the baking and carving time from the night before. I'd rather make a practice cake before making the one a group of people is going to see. I think it came out pretty good for my second time EVER using fondant. YAY!

Now relaxing with a glass of wine. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment