Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5, Devil's Cove

So today was a fun day! This morning I got up and fed the boys breakfast and let Sean watch his cartoons while I tried to wake up. Then I went to a yoga class at the Courtney Ironworks gym. Gotta love the military! One of the great benefits is a free gym and a variety of free classes you can take! I went to a Zumba class on Saturday. Today yoga. Tomorrow, I think Im going to try the Hip Hop Hustle class! Haha!

After yoga, we got all our coordinating clothes together and headed out for our photo session! I was really excited that it didn't end up raining! It was really cloudy, but sometimes that makes for the best light! We went to a place called Devil's Cove that is supposed to be the place where American soldiers first landed on Okinawa during the war. Locals called the soldiers 'devils', hence them calling it Devil's Cove! Nice story, huh?

First, we took quite a few pictures inside the caves! Sean loved playing with all the rocks and was seriously about to dive head first in that crystal clear water!! Just for the record, the water was still warm! Im used to California water, where the hottest it gets is maybe 65* even during the summer. The water here gets into the 90s in the summer and right now it's in the upper 60s! :)

After the caves, we went down to the beach area, which I have to say was breathtaking!


I love the gazebos on the hill.



This is on my 'must go to' lists for this summer. Although I can almost guarantee it'll be crowded!
Sean was super tired by the time we were done.

After the photo shoot, we decided to grab some dinner on the way home.

Yay for KFC! :)
The chicken was SO good!

Sean loved the coleslaw! I don't even have to force him to eat his veggies!
Wonder how long that will last?

Kyle slept most of the day, but Im sure we got some great pics with him!

My burrito baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment