Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sean's 3rd Birthday

My first baby is officially 3. What?! Where did the time go?? It feels like yesterday I was rocking him to sleep in the middle of the night. He went from 2am feedings to smiles and rolling over. Scooting around to crawling, then pulling up on furniture to walking. Now? Now he RUNS away from me, talks back (in snarky tones I might add). My baby is no longer a baby. He's fully blossomed into a child. An independent one at that. 

Usual 'Sean' talk:

When asked to do something, "No Mom I can't. Im busy."
"MOM! LET ME DO IT!"
"UGH, Kyle, get it RIGHT!" (What?!)
"Oh, Mom, I LOOOOVE it." (He LOOOOVES everything)

These phrases are repeated throughout the day multiple times. 

We celebrated his birthday with some great friends and had his favorite show as a theme: Little Einsteins. I swear to you, I could probably recite word for word AT LEAST 6 shows. If I ever want to put the boys in any kind of TV coma or trance, I just have to put Little Einsteins on and it's quiet bliss for 25min. :)

It's usually starting to get pretty hot here in Okinawa starting in May, so we opted to have an indoor birthday party like last year. This time we made it a little closer to home though and had it at the USO on Kadena AFB. 

Again, I made his cake this year and he was so excited.




After being terrified of going into bounce houses since he was a baby, he finally went in one a couple weeks before his birthday party and became OBSESSED! So we got him a last minute bounce house for his party :D



We did the typical birthday stuff....

Blowing out the candles and, of course, eating the cake!



Opening presents!





And just plain having fun with friends!!







We all had a great time! 


Happy Birthday, Little Man! 


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment