Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Catching up...

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get the pictures off my old laptop. *sigh* So Im just going to start writing again with the pictures that I've got. We'll have "blasts from the past" once Im able to get access to the other ones! 


There's been a lot going on lately. MOMS Club of Okinawa is finally running smoothly. I think we've finally found out what works for us. It's started getting incredibly hot already. And humid. OH the humidity. It's everywhere. Blech. 


Along with the humidity, the rainy season has started. It's rained every week for days at a time. We've got our first tropical storm of the season on it's way here. TS Aere. Normally, typhoon season is from June to November. Nope. We've started early this year. Im glad I planned for Sean's birthday party to be inside! 


Speaking of which, Sean will be THREE in a couple short weeks. THREE. How am I mother to a THREE year old? Where did the time go? Apparently, with age comes sarcasm. When I told Sean to do something today, he tells me, "No, mom, I can't. Im busy." I reply, "Oh really? What are you busy with?" "Im busy playing with my cars, Mom. I can't do anything right now. They need me." *jaw drop* Since when did my little baby not only talk back to me, but learn to form whole sentences?!


Kyle has started talking away too. He tries to repeat what Sean says, he's just not very good at it. I hear alot of, "No bubby"s (Bubby is their nickname for each other). Or "mine". "Mine" is a common word in this household. So is pinching, biting, punching, pushing, hitting....need I go on? Im definitely a mother to two boys. And the fighting phase begins. I know they will grow up to be close, but Im really hoping they grow out of this phase soon before I pull my hair out! I don't know how many more, "Mommy, Kyle hurt me"s I can take. :)


Chris is in the States again. This time due his stepfather, Louis, passing away from cancer. It just hasn't been a good couple of years. Keep us in your prayers. It's been rough times. 


I'll try to keep up with posting more often. This is like an outlet for me. Once we're off Okinawa, Im going to make this blog into a book I can show the boys one day. That way, when they tell someone they lived in Japan as a kid, they can have pictures to remember it by. Actually, not just pictures. A first hand account of the things we did together. In writing. 
















RIP Louis Holloway
4/18/58-5/3/11

You'll be missed. 




XOXO <3 Analicia

No comments:

Post a Comment