Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 7, Driving around Okinawa

This morning it was just Sean, Kyle, and I hanging out and relaxing. :) Chris was sleeping after a long night of Daddy Duty with Kyle.




After playing around a bit, we Skyped with Babs aka Grandma Janet. :)



After lunch and naptime, we decided to go visit the Workmans! Sean was excited to go play with Hayden and Conner! We head out to the car, buckle the boys in and head out the gate...

Now, I have to say, when I got in our sponser's minivan at the Kadena airport, I immediately grabbed the 'O sh!t' bar. :) Not saying she was a bad driver, but the whole driving-on-the-other-side-of-the-road-while-crazy-Japanese-cars-weave-in-and-out-of-traffic thing freaked me out just a little bit! It was something I had to get used to. The taxi drivers here can be downright nuts in the way they drive! The roads are narrow and you will see cars parked on the side of the road in 'No Parking' zones all the time. There's also the 'Japanese Red Light' :) According to my husband, Japanese law states there is a 6 second window opportunity to go through a light after it turns red!

Traffic here is usually pretty bad. It can take you a good 30 min. to go maybe 6-7 miles.




You will see all sorts of different shops and unique buildings!
             


The winding roads and scenery are gorgeous!

Finally, we arrived at our destination....

Kyle loves Mrs. Brittany! :)

Hayden and Conner

The boys were being silly!

We actually got them all to sit down together!

All in all, today was a good day! I even got a butt-kicking workout in on my Wii Active! :) Tomorrow holds a National Championship starring the Texas Longhorns and Chris and I are getting our first date night since Chris's birthday! Yay! Thanks to the Workmans, who are going to entertain our little rascals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment