Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Space-A Adventure: California Edition

Back in June, we started our trip back to the States. It was a great start and Space A-ing wasn't as hard as I had imagined, especially during the peak travel time. It took a couple tries to get on a flight, but we eventually got on one headed to Hawaii then booked a flight from Hawaii to California. 




We ended up on a 9hr flight in a cargo plane (c-17 or c-130, I can't remember). Not bad! There was plenty of room and even though it was FREEZING and LOUD, we were able to lay some blankets down and sleep. We finally got to Hawaii and had to make a mad dash to get to the Honolulu airport. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, though, so we had some extra time to eat.  




When finally on the plane, the boys slept for a while and I played Bejeweled Blitz. :) Oh and I got one of the best scores. Uh, yes. Can you tell I was bored? There was a nice Japanese lady that sat in the row across from us that kept playing with Kyle. He was having fun and I was glad he was entertained for a bit. After waking up from his nap, he was hungry, but not fully awake. He ate with his eyes closed. Haha!




Finally getting to Cali, we had a blast visiting with the California family. 






We, of course, took the boys to Sea World and they had a BLAST!


J and I went to Medieval Times, which was awesome!


We were there for a little over 2 months and had a great time! Sad we didn't have the funds for a trip to Texas, but that's the first place we're going when we PCS next year. 

Now on to the Space A disaster trip home.....

No, I think it deserves it's own post.....it took us a little over a week to get home....



No comments:

Post a Comment